|Recipe for Whiter Teeth
||[Mar. 9th, 2006|10:42 pm]
From My Kitchen to Yours
|||||"Appletree" - Erykah Badu||]|
I got this recipe from some women's magazine while waiting at the doctor's office. Its a recipe for a whiter, brighter smile without the big costs.
1 large strawberry
1/2 tblspn of baking powder
Mash up the ingredients until they completely mixed together. Then, take a toothbrush and brush the mixture onto your teeth. You'll want to leave this pasty substance on for 5 minutes. Rinse your mouth out and brush your teeth again with regular tooth paste. Use dental floss for any of those stray seeds.
Do this once a week for great looking teeth. :)
The chemicals in the strawberry as well as the baking powder react together to give you a brighter smile. But don't do it more than once a week because the acid in the strawberries can start to deteriorate the enamel on your teeth.
Here are some other methods I found:
Mash fresh strawberries and use as you would any other toothpaste. Rub fresh sage leaves over teeth to clean and whiten them.
3-6 ripe strawberries
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup water
1. Puree the berries in a blender and pour into a small dish.
2. Using a cosmetic brush or your toothbrush, paint the strawberry paste on your teeth and let sit on teeth for 5 minutes.
3. Mix 1 teaspoon of the baking soda and the cream of tartar into the cup of water. Swish this mixture around in your mouth.
4. Brush your teeth with the teaspoon of plain baking soda.
5. Rinse with cool, clear water.
From Laurentian Center.com
"...One of the most interesting uses for the wild strawberry is as a whitener for your smile. Taking the juice from the strawberry and applying it to your teeth for five minutes each day will help to whiten your teeth. The juice cleans, whitens, dissolves tartar and removes plaque."